When I looked at this month's inspiration picture, nothing came to me. No creative juices flowed, no ideas generated in my brain. I walked away, came back and took a closer look and picked out the obvious things - red, brown, cream, circles, stitched lines. After all, we're supposed to be getting inspiration from the photo, not replicating it!
On a stitched piece of Vintage Cream cardstock, I stamped overlapped circles in Pure Poppy ink, and then stamped a mirror image of them in Kraft ink. The sentiment is stamped in Dark Chocolate ink on a stitched circle, stacked 4 times for just a touch of dimension.
I adhered the panel to a Kraft card base impressed with woodgrain. Since this is more masculine looking, I added jute around the top of the card.
Card Details:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Sketched Shapes, Bubble Talk
- Paper: PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Kraft, Dark Chocolate
- Dies: PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles, Circles
- Other: Jute
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the inspiration piece!
ReplyDeleteYour card ties in beautifully with the inspiration photo, Lainey! You did a fabulous job with this challenge, and I love the detail of the sentiment being placed on that small stitched circle.
ReplyDeleteTotally fun and free, Lainey. Perfect little stitched sentiment!
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic! Did you use a MISTI or free hand the stamping?
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki! No Misti, just freehanded. I was surprised at how easy it was to do without any "help"!
Deleteclever, clever design... love it!!
ReplyDeleteI love this design and your take on the Inspiration photo.
ReplyDeleteKaty
Great card! Love your sketchy circles and design. Great take on the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteExactly! We're supposed to be inspired and you certainly were, Lainey. Fabulous card and interpretation.
ReplyDeleteThe the CAS design, very nice!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful take on this challenge!! I love the perfect colors you selected!
ReplyDeletePatti
Lainey, what a great card! I love your take on the inspiration photo. Love it!
ReplyDeleteCAS perfection Lainey! Really love the clean and simple lines to this beauty...I think you totally nailed this challenge!! :0)
ReplyDeletevery cool looking card. The stitching is perfect.
ReplyDeleteWonderful design! Love the CAS look to the creation!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Great design!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Great design!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun & creative use of the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty! Great job!
ReplyDeleteReally nice job. Love the overlapping of the circles and the geometric design.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun groups of circles! Great take on the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteVery cute.. love the way the overlapping causes some parts of the circles to be darker.. very nice take on the challenge hop
ReplyDeleteSketched Shapes was perfect for this challenge, Lainey! I'm getting so many awesome ideas, especially for masculine cards. Great card!
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome card for the hop! Love this!
ReplyDeleteSo simple yet such a cute take on the challenge! I really like it. Great job!
ReplyDelete