Saturday, January 13, 2018

Heat Embossed Stencil Backgrounds (MIM #309)...


It seems like ages since I made something other than a Christmas card, so I was more than happy to participate in this week's challenge - Make It Monday #309: Heat Embossed Stencil Backgrounds. Melissa Phillips is the host and shows us another unique way to use stencils with heat embossing.

I feel like I'm out of practice making cards and this took me a while to come up with an idea! When I finally decided to use Painted Petals as my floral I was on my way! I die-cut the flowers and leaves in white cardstock and stamped one flower with Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold and black ink. The other is stamped in Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Lemon Tart and black ink. The leaves are stamped in Spring Moss ink.

For the background, I used a striped stencil, rubbed Versamark on it, sprinkled on Blush embossing powder and heat set it. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and not use white and I really like the look of colored stripes in the background!

I placed one flower on foam tape for dimension. The banner was made using a die from Wrap It Up; the sentiment is stamped in black ink. I placed it on fun foam for dimension and support. Last, I tied on some white crochet thread. I will definitely use this technique again!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Painted Petals, Keep It Simple: Birthday III
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Berry Sorbet
  • Ink:  PTI Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss; Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Painted Petals, Wrap It Up
  • Tools:  Heat Tool; MFT All Lined Up Stencil
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Fun Foam; Foam Tape; Crochet Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Lainey! The pink embossed stripes are the perfect BG for your florals (looks like wallpaper...a bit). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, this is beautiful, Lainey! Love the pink stripe background with those pretty Painted Petal posies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Lainey! Love those beautiful blossoms! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your pink stripes Lainey...what a great way to dress up a background and your flowers really pop against it too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cheerful! Love those pink stripes, they are perfect with these gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely stripes behind your flowers, Lainey. Gorgeous coloring. I'm always a fan of pink. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Lainey! Always forget about Painted Petals and love what you did with them here. Your pink embossed stripes set the perfect backdrop for your design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Lainey! I love the pink embossed stripes and the fresh pink and green blooms. It's lovely, bright and cheerful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!