Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Shadowed Sentiments (MIM #310)...


I haven't been making many cards recently, still recovering from all the holiday crafting I did. But I wanted to participate in this week's Make It Monday #310: Shadowed Sentiments because it looked easy and I needed to make a milestone birthday card. This week's challenge is hosted by Lizzie Jones and it is easy and adds just a special touch the sentiment.

I created my own balloon stencil by die-cutting the balloons in cardstock and then rubbed Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart and Raspberry Fizz inks on it. I die-cut two more balloons in Hawaiian Shores and Limeade Ice cardstock and stamped little stars on each balloon in coordinating ink. The second and third balloons are on foam tape in different thicknesses.

For the sentiment, on white cardstock, I stamped it first in Soft Stone ink (a few times to get it dark), moved it slightly and stamped it again in black ink to create the shadow. I backed the banner with a piece of Limeade Ice cardstock.

The balloon strings were die-cut in Soft Stone cardstock. I placed some of the strings behind the banner and some on top to add a bit of dimension. The panel is on a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base. My final steps were adding the "40", die-cut in silver foil paper and a bunch of clear sequins.


Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Style, Balloon Bash, Warmest Wishes
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Soft Stone; Silver Foil
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Soft Stone; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Dies:  PTI Balloon Bash, Balloon Strings, Block Alphabet Numbers
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lainey this turned out perfect...LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your milestone birthday card is just perfect! Love how you created your own balloon stencil. I did that too on the Create Along With Us challenge. Thinking out of the box is great brain exercise! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Lainey, this is just in time as I need to make several more milestone birthday cards. Going to CASE this one with supplies I own. Awesome idea to create your own stencil and love how you decorated them. Your shadowed sentiment is spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!