There was so much inspiration to choose from this month! One card that really called to me was this beauty by Heather Nichols. I love the combination of colors she used and of course her watercoloring is lovely too. I didn't feel like watercoloring (I never get good results!) but it made me want to pull out one of my bird sets and use it.
I started with a piece of white cardstock and added a layer of Spring Woods pattern paper. I die-cut the bird and the flowers in white cardstock and stamped them with Fine Linen, Aqua Mist and Cocoa Bean inks. I placed the bird on foam tape and stamped the sentiment in Cocoa Bean ink.
Just a quick card inspired by the new Brushed Birds stamp set!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Spring Woods
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Spring Woods
- Ink: PTI Fine Line, Aqua Mist, Cocoa Bean
- Dies: PTI Spring Woods
- Other: Foam Tape
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



This is such a lovely card! I love that background paper. I think I may have it my stash - better get looking for it! you have given me great inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOh Lainey...this turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I love your striped background paper...such a lovely background for your sweet little birdie and those lovely cherry blossoms! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS work~I love the colors Lainey~
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card Lainey! Love the sweet bird! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOh, Lainey, I think this is one of my favorites you’ve created! That doesn’t mean I’m not impressed with all your projects, but these colors, the bird, the cherry blossoms and the striped paper equal perfection. ❤️
ReplyDeleteLainey your card is an absolutely stunning. I have the Spring Woods stamp set but have never used this gorgeous color scheme~ but definitely will now! LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the congrats comment, Lainey! It was a great surprise :-)
DeleteYour beautiful design makes a comforting sympathy card. Nice job
ReplyDeleteSoft and beautifully done!
ReplyDeleteLove the paint chip effect and the wonderful spring feel of this card!
ReplyDelete