Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Mask & Stack (MIM #313)...


Betsy Veldman made the cutest card for this week's challenge - Make It Monday #313: Mask & Stack. I'm sure there will be a run on that adorable Cat's Meow stamp set! I don't do much masking, but it's really easy to do and gives a nice effect.

Since Easter is right around the corner, I decided to used the bunny from Polka Dot Parade #1. I die-cut some of the bunnies to use as a mask like Betsy did in her video, but found when I used the mask there was too much white showing around the bunny. I ended up stamping and cutting the bunnies out by hand to make the masks and used repositionable tape to hold them down.

I used two shades of purple for the bunnies and stamped them on white cardstock. For the sentiment, I used a Keep It Simple Frame, adding Amethyst Allure cardstock on the outer frame, and placed it on foam tape. I die-cut the tails in white cardstock and placed each one on foam tape. The panel is on a Lilac Grace cardstock card base with just a thin edge showing on the top and right hand side. I did this for last week's MIM and liked the look so did it again!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Polka Dot Parade #1
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Amethyst Allure, Lilac Grace
  • Ink:  PTI Amethyst Allure; Memento Lulu Lavender, Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Polka Dot Parade #1, Keep It Simple Frames
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5" 

7 comments:

  1. Super cute Lainey! Love all the darling bunnies with the powder puff tails! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour choices with the darling bunnies, and YES! Easter will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Easter card, Lainey! I need to start thinking about what Stamp to use for this technique. They always say the mask needs to be a bit smaller so you don’t have that white space gap. Easier said than done though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lainey...we were definitely thinking along the same lines this week, weren't we?!! I love how yours came out in just the two shades of purple and you were also much smarter about cutting your masks out by hand to avoid the white space...wish I would have done that!! Cute, CUTE card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love the bunnies in lavender!! You and Marcia may have used the same bunny set but the cards are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bunnies in the purples! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, Lainey! Those tails are sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!