Thursday, February 8, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Celebration - Day 3...


Day 3 Challenge: Transformation Tuesday -  Take a card you've made in the past and transform it in some way. 

Old Version: I made this card sometime last summer and never liked it and it's been sitting here ever since, so this is a perfect card for me to transform! I watercolored the background with a few colors. Happy Birthday is die-cut in white and black cardstock and layered for a shadow effect. I added a layer of black cardstock over a white card base and some splashes of black paint.


New Version: I decided to go with different colors and use pattern paper for the background. I placed a piece of green Ombre Stripes paper over a white cardstock card base. Happy Birthday is die-cut in gold adhesive paper and adhered to a piece of vellum, die-cut with a scalloped circle.

The balloons were die-cut in Simply Chartreuse cardstock and adhered with foam tape for dimension. I attached white crochet thread for the strings and tied them with a bow. To make the card a little more festive looking, I added a bunch of gold star sequins. I'm much happier with this look and it's a little trendier with the gold.

Card Details:
  • Paper:  PTI Ombre Stripes, Simply Chartreuse, Luxe Gold Adhesive
  • Dies:  PTI Birthday Style, Shaped Sayings: Birthday, Scene It: Basic Backer
  • Other:  Crochet Thread; Foam Tape; Sequins
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

5 comments:

  1. Nice job! I have that die and always forget about it. It looks great with the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are awesome Lainey! Love the gold sentiment and all the stars sprinkled about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Lainey...nothing like a little gold to glitz things up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful transformation, Lainey! Great minds think alike used Shaped Sayings: Birthday. I love the gold with the Simply Chartreuse balloons and ombré stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both cards, Lainey...The balloons and stars are so festive for a Birthday card! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!