My friend asked me to make her a card for a groom - she's giving him a drill as a gift and wanted a card to go with it. I decided to make a "honey do" type of card and came up with the idea of making a jar filled with things that needed to be done around the house.
I diecut the jar with green paper and backed it with coaster for support. In the meantime, I listed a bunch of "jobs" on the computer, printed and cut them out into strips. I carefully arranged them in the jar, taping each one down in place. Once the jar was "full" I placed acetate over top with glue dots. I added the "job jar" label, printing job jar on the computer, adding the two brads for decoration.
I diecut the notebook page and adhered the "list" of things to do (also made on the computer). I stamped "things to do" at the top and added the paperclip. I put the "hang up wedding picture" slip on the bottom to make it look like it fell out of the jar, or is it the most important thing to do? lol My last step was to tying the jute around the spine. I was really happy with the way the card turned out!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Take Note
- Paper: PTI Kraft; Colorbok
- Tools: Sizzix Jar & Label Die; PTI Spiral Notebook Die; Labels Four Nestabilities
- Other: Acetate; Curly Paperclip; Jute; Mini Brads; PTI Coaster
- Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!