Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Fifth Anniversary

I saw a card similar to this on Michelle Wooderson's blog...loved the colors and the style, so naturally I had to make it!  I like it because it's not too feminine.

I used Kraft cardstock for the card base and added the tea leaves and polka dot paper on top.  I edged around the Kraft in white ink.  I cut a square of Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped it with a large Mehndi Medallion in light brown ink.  I used a bit of pink ink around the edges of the medallion to help bring all the pink in the card together.

I cut another square in Kraft, edged around it in white ink, added the Vintage Cream and attached it to the card.  I die cut the bird cage and stamped it with the bird cage image and birds.  I added a tiny clear gemstone to the top of the cage and adhered it to the card with foam tape for dimension.

The sentiment was made on the computer and added below the image.  I tied pink ribbon around the card and added the two hearts.  I think this card turned out really nice - I just love brown and pink together!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Love Birds, Mehndi Medallion, Harvest Berries
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream, Green Tea Leaves, Chocolate Remix
  • Tools:  PTI Love Birds Die; Heart Nestabilities
  • Other:  Ribbon; Gemstone
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!