Friday, November 2, 2012

Merry Christmas

Ok, enough of Halloween - time to move onto Christmas.  This is another card I saw on Pinterest - white with a blue snowflake wreath.  I made one similar in white and blue, which I really liked, but then decided to make one in Kraft and Scarlet Jewel also.

White & Blue
I used white cardstock for the card base and added a layer of Enchanted Evening cardstock.  Next, I embossed another piece of white cardstock using a striped embossing folder and layered it over the blue.

The wreath was made with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch - there are 13 snowflakes that make up the wreath.  I also added a few smaller snowflakes cut with a white glitter paper and placed them on the larger snowflakes.  I added the bow and stamped the sentiment.


Kraft & Scarlet
I used Kraft cardstock for the card base and added a layer of white cardstock.  I embossed a piece of Scarlet Jewel with the striped folder and placed it over the white.

The wreath was made with 13 snowflakes, the first 8 on the wreath are plain but I added gold Stickles (a little hard to see in the picture, but it's very pretty) to the other 5, placing them on the top for sparkle.  I added the scarlet bow.

The sentiment was stamped in Versamark, then I sprinkled gold embossing powder on it and used my heat gun to emboss it.  The gold sentiment brings out the gold on the snowflakes and in the ribbon and makes a very elegant looking card.

Card Details:
  • White & Blue
  • Stamps:  PTI Tremendous Treats:  Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky; Core'dinations
  • Tools:  Cuttlebug Stripes Embossing Folder; Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch; EK Success Snowflake Punch
  • Other:  Ribbon
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
  • Kraft & Scarlet
  • Stamps:  PTI Think Big Favorites #20
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, White Stampers Select
  • Tools:  Cuttlebug Stripes Embossing Folder; Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
  • Other:  Embossing Powder; Versamark; Heat Gun; Stickles; Ribbon
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. glad halloween is over! love both! i see a make-n-take with these, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE both of these cards!!!! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!