Saturday, January 26, 2013

hugs & kisses

Another Valentine card to share today. I decided I'm not making that many different kinds this year - I think I'm still recovering from all the Christmas holiday items I made!  I wanted to make a card with an envelope on it and  found some vellum with little hearts on it in my stash.

I really like how this turned out.  I used pink cardstock for the card base and added a layer of pink/white pattern paper.  I adhered the doily and placed a circle of pattern paper on top of it.  I had to do this because the vellum envelope didn't work well against the white doily.

I die-cut the envelope with a Sizzix die, added the two hearts stamped with sentiments and placed them on top with foam tape for dimension.  I die-cut the XO border at the bottom in a lighter pink cardstock.  It looked like it was still missing something, so I tied Charcoal twine around the envelope which helped bring out the black on the sentiments.  I love pink and black together!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Framed Out #11
  • Paper:  Reflections Pink Buttons; DCWV
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  PTI Framed Out #11 Die, XOXO Border; Standard Circle Nestabilities; Sizzix Envelope Die
  • Other:  Doily; Twine; Foam Tape; Vellum
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!