Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Well, like I mentioned before, 2012 went by so quickly it's frightening.  I'm not making any resolutions this year - I made a few craft resolutions last year that I was able to keep for about half the year.....

Ever since I received PTI's Funky Florals stamp I thought some of the flowers reminded me of fireworks and that's how this card was born.

I used True Black cardstock for the card base and added a layer of Soft Stone cardstock, rounding the corners.  I stamped two different size flowers in 3 different ink colors.  The circles were die-cut using the center piece from Flower Fusion #12 - it was the perfect size for the numbers of the new year.  I placed the circles on foam tape for dimension.

I stamped the sentiment - the stamp originally said "New Year's" but I cut off the "'s" and luckily the stamp police didn't come, lol....I'm getting much braver about cutting stamps!  I added silver Stickles on the flower centers and ends.

Happy New Year - wishing you a happy and healthy 2013!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Funky Florals, Happy Day, Banner Builder
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, Soft Stone
  • Ink:  Memento: Teal Zeal, Gray Flannel, Tuxedo Black; VersaMagic:  Purple Hydrangea
  • Tools:  PTI Flower Fusion #12; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Stickles; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!