I've been cleaning my craft room for the past 4-5 days. Yes, it's taking me that long to go through it and it's not 100% done. The good thing is I'm in the mood to get rid of stuff - which sometimes can be dangerous. lol
Brads, buttons, eyelets, flowers...why am I keeping so many of these when I don't use them much anymore? Border punches, corner punches, individual punches? Do I really need them all?
Studio G $1 stamps -- was I hoarding them at one point? I must have at least 150 packs of these - and maybe, maybe I've used 20 sets. I also have a lot of "cheaper" stamps that I bought when I was first starting out. I didn't know the difference between a good stamp and a bad one. Now I mostly buy higher quality stamps, so my old stamps will maybe go to someone who is also just starting out.
Sizzix and Sizzlet dies - weren't these just great when they first came out? But now that so many companies have stamps and matching thin dies, who needs big, bulky dies and a special machine to cut them? Remember the original red Sizzix machine that weighed a ton? Bye-bye.
And let's not forget paper. OMG, why do we all have so much paper? Are we expecting a shortage? And how much do we really use? I have a 16" stack of paper I'm getting rid of - it's in a box and weighs 48 pounds!! lol I kid you not, it's 48 pounds! It's mostly 12x12 paper with some 8-1/2x11. I'm donating it to a school and hope they enjoy it. The sad thing is it really didn't make a dent in the remaining paper I still have....
Originally I was going to try and sell this at a yard sale, but what are the chances crafters are going to come and buy it? Maybe, maybe not. I just want to get it out of the house and I actually feel better about donating it. So tomorrow when the Vietnam Veterans come to pick up my donation of clothes, books and household items, my "no longer loved" craft products will be waiting for them too.
Good for you! Now can you come to my house and do the same? LOL
ReplyDelete