Wednesday, January 7, 2015

With Sympathy (MIM #196)

It's been a while since I tried one of PTI's Make It Monday challenges, but since I needed to make a sympathy card, I thought I would do this week's MIM #196 Colorful Card Corners.  The idea is to make the corner the focal point of the card.

Two of my favorite PTI colors are Aqua Mist and Spring Moss and I wanted to use them for this card.  I stamped the flowers in Aqua Mist ink and the leaves in Spring Moss ink, adding Tropical Teal ink  for the flower centers.  I also added glitter to the flowers for a little sparkle.

I like to add a butterfly to sympathy cards and made a trail of butterflies stamped in Fine Linen ink. I rounded the corners and adhered the panel to an Aqua Mist cardstock card base.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Friendly Flowers, Beautiful Butterflies, Keep It Simple: Sympathy; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Tropical Teal, Fresh Linen; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

4 comments:

  1. I really like the soft colors you used on your card. The trail of butterflies is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. The soft colors are perfect for a sympathy card!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sympathy card with all those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and beautiful color choices!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!