Friday, November 25, 2016

Papertrey November 2016 Blog Hop Challenge


Lots of ideas this month from the inspiration photo - so many pretty colors, the trees, stockings, presents and ornaments. I'm glad this month was easy because I've been busy with the usual year end rush of getting things done for the holidays. Each year I say I'm going to start earlier, but that never seems to happen!😎


On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the tree in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat set it. The little dots around the tree are stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink and the ornaments colored with a Copic marker. I stamped the tree stand in Tropical Teal ink and the star in Raspberry Fizz ink.

Merry Christmas is stamped in Tropical Teal ink on a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock with a bottom border of gold foil cardstock. It's on fun foam for dimension. I lightly edged the panel with Raspberry Fizz ink and placed it on a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base.


You can see the embossing a little bit better with the card on an angle:

 Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI O'Tannenbaum, Keep It Simple: Merry Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select; Gold Foil
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Tropical Teal; Versamark
  • Tool:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Fun Foam; Copic RV17
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

16 comments:

  1. I really love this! The gold tree is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gold tree with the pink in the background is amazing! What a great idea, brilliant actually! Love the shimmer you captured in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Love the aqua and pink, and the gold embossing makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and your light pink blended around the edges wonderfully finishes your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Lainey! I love how the pink and aqua pops against the gold embossed tree. Great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your design, Lainey! It embodies the joy children see when looking at a Christmas tree!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection Lainey...totally LOVE this beautiful card! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful simple elegant design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Lainey - I love how you added the little strip of gold to the bottom of your sentiment to match your gorgeous embossed tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gold tree with the pink ornaments! love the gold trim on the sentiment piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The gold tree is amazing! What beautiful shine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lainey, you nailed it with your stunning gold tree and Raspberry Fizz ornaments. The Hawaiian Shores details really enhance the entire card. Now I want that stamp set. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous - the gold embossed tree is stunning, especially with the pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!