Thursday, February 16, 2017

PTI: Celebrating 2010...


It's 2010 and another choice of 5 stamps sets - Beautiful Blooms II, Love Lives Here, Take Three Summer, Wreath For All Seasons and Year of Flowers: Sweet Peas. I have 3 of these sets - I don't know if Nichole just happened to pick stamp sets I own or if I was buying more stamps that year. 😎

The 2010 Challenge: "Do you already own any of the five sets that were highlighted today? Time to dust them off and make an all new project using it!" I wasn't sure which stamp set to use, but after seeing Keeway Tsao's Sweet Peas watercolor card, I thought I'd try watercoloring too. Naturally, her's is so much better than mine!😞

On watercolor paper, I stamped the flowers and leaves in white embossing powder and heat set it. Next, I used Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy reinkers for the flowers and Green Parakeet reinker for the leaves mixed with water. Once completed, the flowers looked a little silly just floating in the air so I made a wash of ink and water and brushed it around the flowers and leaves.

Once it dried, I stamped the sentiment and those curly thingies in black ink. I added a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock on the left side and placed the entire panel on a white cardstock card base.

Am I thrilled with this card --- more than I thought I would be! I'm not good at watercoloring and really need to revisit the Online Watercolor Class I took several years ago. But the good news is the more I look at this card, the more I like it!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Year Of Flowers: Sweet Peas
  • Paper:  PTI Pure Poppy, White Stampers Select; Canson 140# Watercolor
  • Ink:  PTI Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet; Versamark; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Recollections Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!