Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Background Stamping With Sentiment Stamps (MIM #284)...


This week's Make It Monday #284: Background Stamping With Sentiment Stamps is hosted by Melissa Phillips where she shows us how to use sentiment stamps to create a fun look for a background. I've done this in the past, but should do it more often because it's a nice way to fill in the card.

I started with a piece of white cardstock and stamped my sentiment in Kraft ink on an angle, covering the entire panel. I ran the panel through the Cuttlebug with Wonky Rectangles to give the panel a stitched look.

I haven't used Bubble Talk for a long time! The bubble is die-cut in Spring Rain cardstock, 5 times and stacked together. I stamped the sentiment on top in Enchanted Evening ink, placed the panel on an Enchanted Evening cardstock card base and added jute around the top.

Quick, easy and fun - it doesn't get any better than that!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Offbeat Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain
  • Ink:  PTI Kraft, Enchanted Evening
  • Dies:  PTI Bubble Talk; MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangles
  • Other:  Jute
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

10 comments:

  1. Cute card. I like the saying from your stamp set! You lined up the stamp so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome humor and sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each time I've seen you use that set, I've coveted it, Lainey. You are such an enabler ;-) I've always been a fan of humor, so no surprise your card is right up my alley with the 2 sentiments you've picked for your fabulous - funny - card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFULLY DONE! This is so cute with the sentiment too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background stamping and love the sense of humour the speech bubble adds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha! Love the humor and clever use of the new birthday stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aack! Hilarious! Love the twist of humor. And your background stamping is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card! The background looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, this is a great choice of sentiment and I also love that it tends itself towards being a card to give the guys in our lives <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun B-Day card, Lainey! Great color combination too!
    PS: thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Blog...the bg sentiment ink is a soft grey from (cheapo) Studio G small cubes from Michael's ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!