Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day...

I bought the Bloom & Grow kit because I thought it would make lovely Mother's Day cards and I was right. This is the card I made for my mom.

I die-cut the bouquet in white cardstock and used the stencils to make the flowers and stems. For the flowers I used Lemon Tart/Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet/Pure Poppy and Hawaiian Shores/Tropical Teal inks. The stems are stamped in Green Parakeet and New Leaf inks. I die-cut additional flowers and leaves, inked them up and placed them on foam tape for dimension.

The flower pot is die-cut in Hawaiian Shores cardstock and inked around the edges with the coordinating ink. I added a stripe of Tropical Teal cardstock around the top and Berry Sorbet cardstock just below it. The pot sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink.

The stitched banner is die-cut 3 times, stacked and stamped with Happy Mother's Day. On a white cardstock card base, I added a strip of Berry Sorbet bitty dots and placed the bouquet in the middle of the panel. A few enamel dots and white crochet thread completed the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Bloom & Grow, Keep It Simple: Mother, Reasons To Smile
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Tropical Teal, Berry Sorbet Bitty Dots
  • Ink:  PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow
  • Dies:  PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Bloom & Grow, Tag Sale: Quilted
  • Tools:  PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Bloom & Grow Stencils
  • Other:  Crochet Thread; Foam Tape; My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots
  • Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

2 comments:

  1. Lovely ... just lovely, Lainey! Just HAVE to PIN this one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, Lainey! Love the colors & bet your mom was thrilled to get this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!