Thursday, May 25, 2017

Papertrey May 2017 Blog Hop Challenge...


It's hard to believe another month has gone by and it's time for the Blog Hop. Full disclosure - this month's inspiration photo did nothing for me, I didn't like the colors or the design, I'm not thrilled with the card I made and I'm only entering the contest for the chance to win a $25 gift certificate! lol 


On white cardstock, I stenciled the flowers from Color Pop Florals using Raspberry Fizz and Pale Peony inks. To me, Pale Peony sort of looks like a peachy type color and that's what I saw in the inspiration photo. The leaves are stenciled in Spring Rain ink and the flower centers stamped with Blueberry Sky ink. I also stamped the sentiment in Blueberry Sky ink.

I scored around the panel 1/8" in on all sides and placed it on a Spring Rain cardstock card base. My last step was flinging some watered down Blueberry Sky splatters on it.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Florals, Colorful Words
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Rain, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, Pale Peony, Blueberry Sky
  • Tools:  PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Florals Stencils; Scor-Pal
  • Other:  Paintbrush; Water
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

16 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment with your softly colored blooms! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely card Lainey! Your flowers are SO pretty and I just love those blue leaves! Perfect take on the inspiration photo!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scoring along the edges - and the variation of colour strength on the blue leaves. Pretty take on the inspiration, Lainey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Lainey. Love the soft leaves in the background. Your flowers are a perfect take on the inspiration photo too. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully stamped one layer background ! nice take of the inspiration photo, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love those soft leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card & I love the inks you used, even if it isn't your favorite! I love that PTI uses Random Org so we all have a chance--not just "the usual" winners you see around blogland. Fingers crossed for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! The soft blue leaves are my favourite part of this card. I have a hard time using anything but green for my leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, Lainey...your colors are awesome! Fantastic design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, love your soft palette! Pretty posies, great design and fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, awesome color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For not liking the the image, you nailed it with your card. I love what you did and can see how you were inspired, Lainey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!