Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Papertrey May 2017 Create Along With Us...


A lot of inspiration this month, but what really struck me was this card Nichole Heady made with the new Cover Plate: Angles. I like how she colored the die-cuts with Copic markers and made it a "side card", inside of the usual card that opens up from the bottom.


Here's my take on her card. I die-cut Cover Plate: Center Stage in white cardstock and placed it on a white cardstock card base. I die-cut the inserts in a few different colors - Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz to create my design. Using cardstock was easier than coloring!😁

The sentiment is stamped on white cardstock made with the Initial Thoughts die, die-cut 5 times and stacked together. Happy Birthday is stamped in black ink and I added a few sequins to make the card look a bit festive.

It was nice to use these two dies again....and I really need to use my Cover Plate dies more often!!!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple:  Happy Birthday III
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Cover Plate: Center Stage, Initial Thoughts
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

8 comments:

  1. Great way to use this Center Stage die, and your card is just as pretty as the card by Nichole. Love your colour choices and especially that pretty sentiment font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that die but have never even thought to use it in this way! I'm going to have to put it on my "to try" list! I love your cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD TAKE on Nichole's card! I am LOVING that new die too!!!! ;) SUPER RE-CREATION!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection Lainey! Absolutely LOVE your re-creation of Nichole's card...may have to try this one myself too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clean and classy card! Love the colors you used too. Great idea using that coverplate on your recreation of Nichole's card. So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card was one of my favorites for the release & you've used it beautifully as inspiration! Now I want to get the cover plate you used, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lainey, I agree die-cutting colorful strips would be easier and faster than coloring. Both yours and Nichole's are very striking cards though. I never bought one of those cover plates because I couldn't decide which angle to get (center, vertical, horizontal). Now I must decide so I can try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!