The summer months sure are going by fast - and I'm happy about that because it's been so HOT here! 😩Bring on Fall please!!!! For this month's challenge, I didn't see much to go on with the inspiration photo, in fact, to me it just looked rather blah. It took me a while to come up with an idea and although I'm not thrilled with it, at least I made something.
On white cardstock I stamped the flowers in Spring Rain and Blueberry and the leaves in Soft Stone inks. I added a couple flourishes in the corners, finally using my Fancy Flourishes stamp set that I bought at least a year ago!
The sentiment is stamped in Blueberry Sky ink. The card base is white cardstock, with a piece of Spring Rain pattern paper on top. To finish things, I tied white crochet thread around the bottom.
😡I couldn't get a good picture of this card. I normally use Photoshop for editing my pictures, but I upgraded to the Sierra OS and now Photoshop doesn't work with it because it's an older version! I used iPhotos for my editing on this but can't get a brighter picture. Now I'll have to find a Photoshop replacement....any suggestions??
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Natural Beauties, Keep It Simple: Get Well, Fancy Flourishes
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Spring Rain Pattern
- Ink: PTI Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Soft Stone
- Other: Crochet Thread
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



You're not the first to have that problem. I've avoided upgrading in case it happens to Photoshop Elements as well. I also use Lightroom (v.5) which does a great job of editing.
ReplyDeleteLovely card! The focal image is just gorgeous!
Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!
ReplyDeleteFor not being inspired you sure came up with a lovely card!! Sometimes we're our own worst critics aren't we?! :0)
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty get well card. Love those flowers--I had forgotten about them.
ReplyDeleteLovely blooms in pale blue. Beautiful card, Lainey!
ReplyDeleteLOVE seeing that classic Natural Beauties used..soft and lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove the flowers, Lainey! Very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are perfect for this challenge. Nicely done
ReplyDeleteFor someone who struggled with an idea, you created a very pretty card that is bound to cheer up the recipient. Lainey, don't be so hard on yourself!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card and nicely done. It's sure to bring cheer to some who is not feeling well!
ReplyDeleteI struggled with the light colors also! I think you did a wonderful job~lovely presentation Lainey~
ReplyDeleteFor not being inspired, you came up with a lovely card, Lainey! The printed paper makes a wonderful background layer!
ReplyDeleteLove the flowers in soft blues! I always forget about that stamp set, time to ink it up.
ReplyDeleteLove all the blues on the card and the flowers are lovely!
ReplyDelete