Seeing the new retro station wagon and the Throwback Thursday from a couple weeks ago prompted me to take out my Enjoy The Ride stamps. I don't use this cute stamp set enough! This card, by Betsy Veldman inspired me to make my card!
Since I have a ton of pattern paper, why not start out by using a piece for my background. I thought this would take the place of stamping a sun, because to me the paper looks like sun rays. I die-cut the clouds in white cardstock three times each and stacked and glued them together for dimension.
The car is die-cut in white cardstock, stamped with black ink for the outline and Pure Poppy ink for the car itself. I used a couple grey Copic markers to color in the bumper. The banner is also die-cut in white cardstock and the sentiment stamped in black ink.
Although hard to see in the picture, I placed silver metal dots on the headlights - in person it gives it a shiny look, almost like the lights are on!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Enjoy The Ride
- Paper: PTI Comic Strip, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copics: C00, C3
- Dies: PTI Enjoy The Ride, Sketched Shapes, Cloud 1 & 2 Collection
- Other: Metal Dots
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Adorable, Lainey! Great idea to use the cute bug!
ReplyDeleteCute, cute card Lainey...love it! :0)
ReplyDeleteAdorable!
ReplyDeleteVery cute card, Lainey! That car looks like it's got the sunshine behind it. So cheery!
ReplyDelete