Day 1
8:00 PM Challenge: "Create a project featuring colored cotton."
8:00 PM Challenge: "Create a project featuring colored cotton."
I have to admit that when I saw this idea of putting cotton in paint it didn't really appeal to me. I don't have any fun colors of paint and thought, what can I use? Then I remembered I have all these pretty colors of chalk! These challenges are getting me to think outside the box, which is a good thing!😎
I pulled out a couple of cotton balls and rubbed two shades of blue chalk on them. I knew I wanted to use them as clouds, but didn't want these huge, puffy clouds on my card. Then I wondered....what would happen if I ran the cotton through the Cuttlebug with a die? Well, it turned out to look like pressed cotton and actually looks pretty good! I made both clouds and set them aside.
On white cardstock, I lightly brushed Enchanted Evening ink across the front so it would take away some of the bright white and look like a wintry sky. I die-cut the mountains, stamped them with black ink and rubbed the same blue chalk on the top. The mountain is on foam tape.
I die-cut the polar bear and his sweater, coloring the sweater with Copic markers. He's also on foam tape for dimension. The sentiment is stamped in black ink. The clouds are adhered with glue, and look much better than I thought they would! I placed the panel on a Dark Indigo cardstock card base.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Warmest Wishes
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Dark Indigo
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies: PTI Warmest Wishes, Heart-2-Heart #6
- Copics: B37, R24, W3
- Other: Cotton Balls; Chalk; Fun Foam
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Cute idea for the clouds! You did a great job on this one.
ReplyDeleteWow! This is really cool! I totally want to try running cotton through my die-cutting machine now!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a creative thinker I love it!! I never would have thought to use chalk!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea! Your cotton clouds look great in this sweet scene!
ReplyDelete