Monday, August 28, 2017

SAF 2017: Anniversary Tradition - Bronze...


Day 3

2:00 PM Challenge:  "Create a project featuring bronze metallics."

Perfect Pearls is another craft item I have a lot of and never seem to use. So I was happy when Jessica's technique involved using it.

I used the new Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge die (that just came in the mail this morning!) and die-cut it in Olive Twist cardstock. I placed Versamark refill on a glass block, and using a very fine paint brush, painted the veins in the leaves. I sprinkled it with copper embossing powder and melted it. I never would have thought about painting Versamark so a great tip for me.

For the background, I used the technique just learned from Natasha about inking up your impression plate with ink before running it through your machine. I used Kraft ink on Kraft cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Woodgrain impression plate.

The Mix & Mat die is on foam tape for dimension. Last, I die-cut the banner in Kraft cardstock and stamped it in Cocoa Bean ink.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple:  Thanksgiving
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Olive Twist
  • Ink:  PTI Cocoa Bean; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge, Tag Sale: Quilted, Woodgrain Impression Plate
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lainey, this is beautiful. Now I feel like I need that Pinked Edge die also. Love the embossed veins, and she really did share a great tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!