Monday, August 28, 2017

SAF 2017: 8th Anniversary Tradition - Bronze...


Day 3

12:00 PM Challenge:  "Create a project featuring Perfect Pearls or a similar metallic pigment powder." 

And yet another chance to use my Perfect Pearls! And a rather easy technique that looks like it's not so easy.

I used Terracotta Tile cardstock for my card base, adding three strips of Scor-Tape on each side. I brushed on gold Perfect Pearls and wiped away the excess with a paper towel. Boy that stuff really gets on everything!

The leaves are die-cut in Rustic Cream cardstock. The one leaf is stamped with Summer Sunrise with Morocco ink around the edges, and the other stamped in Harvest Gold with Summer Sunrise around the edges. The veins are stamped in Cocoa Bean ink. I placed on leaf on foam tape for dimension.

Happy Thanksgiving is stamped in Dark Chocolate ink. The addition of the stripes makes the card look much more elegant.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Leaf Prints, Keep It Simple: Thanksgiving
  • Paper:  PTI Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream
  • Ink:  PTI Dark Chocolate, Cocoa Bean, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold; Memento Morocco
  • Dies:  PTI Leaf Prints
  • Other:  Scor-Tape; Perfect Pearls; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOVE it! The Pearl stripes down the side add gorgeous elegance to your Thanksgiving card! Thanks for sharing and for playing along! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking card, Lainey, and definitely says Fall. Love the results ofetfect Pearls but not a fan of using them. That being said, I need some new colors vs. red, green, blue and white that I have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!