Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Z-Fold Card (MIM #295)...


It's been a long time since I've made a Z-fold card so seeing this week's Make It Monday #295: Z-Fold Card was a nice refresher. Ashley Cannon Newell is the host and makes a fun card for the upcoming school year. I can't believe I'm making another Halloween card in August but this idea popped into my head for this challenge.

I started with a piece of white cardstock and cut it to the dimensions Ashley recommended. My first step was stenciling the brick wall on the middle panel in Soft Stone ink. I stenciled the front and the back of this panel so there wouldn't be so much white on the inside of the card.

Next, I added a strip of Plum Pudding polka dot paper along the edges. The ghost is die-cut in Simply Chartreuse cardstock, stamped in black ink and placed on foam tape for dimension. The sentiment is also stamped in black ink.

The spider web was made with a Martha Stewart punch using silver metallic paper. The spider is die-cut in Orange Zest cardstock; I placed a black brad through the center and placed it on foam tape. For the third panel, I die-cut bats in True Black cardstock.

What a fun card to make and not really that hard. The hardest thing for me is always coming up with the design.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Happy Haunting
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Simply Chartreuse, Orange Zest, True Black, Plum Pudding Bitty Dots; DCWV Silver Metallic
  • Ink:  PTI Soft Stone; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Happy Haunting, Haunted Headstones, Spooky Sweets
  • Tools:  Martha Stewart Spider Web Punch
  • Other:  MFT English Brick Wall Stencil; Foam Tape; Brad
  • Size:  3-5/8" x 6.0"

9 comments:

  1. So adorable. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trimming, Lainey. Really define the Z. Adorable Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute Halloween card! I see you are in the Halloween mood too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! Love the pattern paper edge on the top of the card. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SOOO cute Lainey and absolutely LOVE the purple trim all around the edges...really makes this card pop! Cute, cute, CUTE!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great! Love the border trim along the edges. Thanks for joining me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, Lainey! Fun and adorable. I saw it over on the PTI challenge blog and wanted to stop by to say hello. I also have a FUN challenge blog with AWESOME prizes, and I would like to invite you to come by and play along with us. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Have a great week!
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! I like how you added the trim along the edge. Perfect touch. Too cute ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, fun, fun! As so many noticed your border trim really catches the eye! I have grandsons who would adore this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!