Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Sentiment Windows (MIM #299)...


I'm always happy when the MIM challenge is something that doesn't make me think too much. Dawn McVey is the host this week and shows us how to stamp a sentiment in a die-cut window which becomes the focal point of your card. You can watch the video here ↪ Make It Monday #299: Sentiment Windows.

I pulled out Christmas Prints and placed a layer of it on top of a white card stock card base. I used a rectangle nestability to cut my opening in the card and stamped the sentiment in Blueberry Sky ink.

I added a few snowflakes (that hang partially in the window) and fun fur (snow = fun fur to me!) around the top and the card was done. This was certainly simple enough to do and a technique that should be used more often!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI In The Meadow
  • Paper:  PTI Christmas Prints, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Blueberry Sky
  • Dies:  PTI Winter Penguin; Large Standard Mega Rectangle Nestability
  • Other:  Fun Fur
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

7 comments:

  1. Love your winter card creation! Don't you just love it when you don't have to work too hard and yet gets the job done beautifully?!! I have a big problem with doing simple 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Lainey! Love the winter wonderland vibe! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How simple but absolutely PERFECT Lainey! Love the paper you used and the sentiment fits it just beautifully! Love your "snow" across the top too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly sweet card, Lainey. Plus the super fun fluffy ribbon you used - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I have that pattern paper. Love the addition of the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow--I just love this card! Perfect sentiment with that cute paper & I adore the fur trim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet winter card and fun fuzzy snow ribbon =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!