Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday

I haven't used my Riley stamps in quite some time, so when I was asked to make a card for a 3 year old, I thought it was time to pull him out again.

I used Hawaiian Shores cardstock for the card base, added a layer of pink polka dot paper and rounded the bottom corners.   Riley was stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copics.

I die-cut the "picture frame" and placed Riley behind it and stamped the sentiment on the bottom.  I added the "3" in matching cardstock.  I wanted to put Reese's name on the card so punched out five stars, placing the letters of her name on each one. 

Sequins are the "in" thing this year and I added a few at the bottom of the card for a little "bling".  I also added glitter to his tie and the bottom of the hat.  I think this turned out really cute -- bright and cheery for a 3 year old!

Card Details:  
  • Stamps:  PTI Fillable Frames #1; Riley Clown; Studio G $1 
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst, White Stampers Select; Amuse Polka Dot
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Bud
  • Copics:  RV10, RV14, BG23, Y11, E31, E33, E50, R81, W1
  • Tools:  PTI Fabulous Frames Die, By The Numbers Die; Star Nestabilities; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Sequins; Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!