Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Birthday

I needed to make a male birthday card and was in the mood to use chevron paper.  I was looking at a book I had where the colors were teal and black and I thought they would be nice masculine colors.

I used True Black cardstock for the card base and added a layer of the teal and white chevron paper.  I die-cut the circles, one in black and one in white.  I added a half circle of chevron paper to the top circle.  I die-cut the banner in Hawaiian Shores cardstock and stamped "happy birthday" on it and added the black brads on each end.

I cut two rectangles, one in black and one in white and placed black brads in each corner, tied Charcoal twine around the bottom and adhered it to the card base with foam tape.  Next, I cut a strip of Hawaiian Shores to place in the middle of the white paper and placed the circle over top of it, also on foam tape for dimension.

I thought the card was done, but it seemed to be missing something.  As I was looking at the card sitting on my desk, it reminded me of water waves.  My friend lives by the water so I decided to add a sailboat to the card.  I die-cut the sailboat and colored it with Copics.  I think it completed it perfectly!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Just The Ticket, Bitty Baby Blessings
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, Hawaiian Shores; Amuse Chevron
  • Ink:  Memento True Black
  • Copics:  100, BG23, BG49
  • Tools:  PTI Bitty Baby Blessings Die, Fabulous Frames Die; Standard Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Brads; Twine; Foam Tape; Copics
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!