Sunday, April 14, 2013

happy 40th birthday

I have to admit it -- this card was a lot of fun to make!  I used Kraft cardstock for the card base and added three different layers on top of it:  blue gingham, Enchanted Evening and DCWV.  I die-cut the banners using blue for the first layer, white on top and cut the letters in Blueberry Sky cardstock.  I added Kraft for the banner tops.  The banner was placed on Flax twine and adhered to the card.

I die-cut the "40" and "th" in white and overlapped it a bit.  I stamped "birthday" and die-cut it with a tag trio die.  I die-cut the tickets in Kraft, stamped them with the border, various sentiments and stars and placed them diagonally on the card.

I die-cut a bunch of stars and placed them on the card, stamping one with "proud of you" as the person who asked me to make this wanted it on the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Just The Ticket, Birthday Bash Sentiments, Tiny Tags
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, White Stampers Select; Amuse Gingham; DCWV
  • Ink:  Memento Blue Danube; PTI Fresh Snow
  • Tools:  PTI Just The Ticket Die, By The Numbers Die, Block Alpha Lower Die, Banner Builder Collection Dies; Star Nestabilities; Tag Trios
  • Other:  Pinking Scissors; Twine
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!