Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Joy

This is the card I made for my parents. I really like the color combination on this one - it's a little non-traditional in color and reminds me of cold, snowy weather.

My friend gave me a pack of Stampin' Up Christmas paper and I wanted to use some of it for this card, and layered this snowflake pattern over a white cardstock card base. Next, I die-cut a stitched rectangle out of Ocean Tides cardstock.

Using Phrase Play #8, I die-cut the center portion in the same pattern paper, white for "joy" and Aqua Mist for the border. I put it together with foam tape on the back and adhered it to the card. I die-cut a banner in white, stamped Christmas on it in Ocean Tides ink and placed the banner on thin foam tape.

To bring more focus to the snowflake pattern, I added snowflakes with 6mm clear sequins in the middle and also placed three more 4 mm sequins around the word "joy".  White fun fur around the spine completed the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Phrase Play #8
  • Paper:  PTI Ocean Tides, White Stampers Select, Aqua Mist; Stampin' Up All Is Calm
  • Ink:  PTI Ocean Tides
  • Tools:  PTI Phrase Play #8 Die, Sketched Shapes Die; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles Die, Snowflakes Die
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins; Fun Fur; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and I just love the monochromatic color scheme you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!