One of my new, favorite stencils is Falling Snow by Simon Says Stamp. I used it 3 or 4 times for cards since I got it. And it can be used year round, not just for snow.
I started with a Blueberry Sky cardstock card base and placed the stencil over top of it, taping it down so it wouldn't move. With a spatula, I spread embossing paste over the stencil and gently lifted it up. Doesn't the snow look realistic?
Next, I die-cut the snow drifts and placed them at the bottom of the card, outlining them with glitter and stamping the sentiment. I die-cut the snowman, and instead of placing him looking face forward, stamped his face on an angle. A different way for him to look and another way to use this snowman! I cut out a carrot for his nose, placed two enamel dots for his buttons and added thin red ribbon for the scarf.
After I put the snowman in the snowdrift, the card looked too empty and I remembered I had this birch tree die. I die-cut it and placed it in the snowdrift - a perfect fit! The snowman needed to be looking at something and I die-cut the little red bird and placed it in the tree. I added Will's name on the tag that's hanging in the tree.
To finish the card I added white fun fur on the spine. I just love the way this card turned out!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Shape Up Snowman, Keep It Simple: Christmas, Simple Alphabet, To You From Me
- Paper: PTI Blueberry Sky, White Stampers Select, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: PTI Shape Up Snowman Die, In The Meadow Dies, Tiny Tags Die; Memory Box Tall Birch, Resting Birds
- Other: Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil; Twine; Glitter; Fun Fur; Embossing Paste; Foam Tape; Ribbon; Enamel Dots
- Card Size: 5.0" x 7.0"

Absolutely LOVE this card!!!!! I love how you placed the face on the snowman but most of all, I LOVE the birch tree and bird!!!!! The snow looks real!!!! GREAT job girl!!!!
ReplyDelete