My blog friend Susi saw this bag in her local grocery store and snapped a picture of it. She asked me if I wanted to use it as an inspiration photo to create something. I like challenges and said "let's do it!" We set a deadline of March 28th to get it done.
Isn't this bag pretty? Such nice colors and of course I saw lots of PTI colors in it right away!
I looked through a lot of my flower stamps and couldn't find one that I really wanted to use and decided to use Color Pop Florals (because I can't stop using this kit!).
On white cardstock I used the large flower stencil and rubbed Aqua Mist and Berry Sorbet inks, adding the centers with Hawaiian Shores and Pure Poppy inks. Next, I stenciled the leaves with Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks. The smaller flowers were stenciled with Lovely Lady and Hibiscus Burst inks.
Because the bag looks like it has black in the center of the larger flowers, I added a little bit of black to the medium size and smallest flowers. To simulate the corded bag handle, I tied white crochet thread around the card. And I opted to go with no sentiment - I didn't want to take away from the pretty colors of the card!
Thanks Susi - this was fun to do and I can't wait to see what you created!
ETA - I'm adding the link to Susi's card so you can take a look at the stunning card she came up with!
ETA - I'm adding the link to Susi's card so you can take a look at the stunning card she came up with!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Color Pop Florals Make It Market Mini Kit, Reasons To Smile
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Other: Crochet Thread
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


OMG, Lainey, you did A-MAZING with this challenge. I love your card, and great choice of stamps as the shapes are very close to the ones on the bag. Kudos, my friend, for putting this beautiful card together!
ReplyDeleteLainey, you have truly been inspired by Susi's lovely gift bag! Gorgeous stamping, colors, and leaving it sentiment-free leaves so many options for gift giving. Speaking of gifts ... Susi is definitely a gift, isn't she?
ReplyDelete=]
Came via Susi's blog, such a beautiful card for the inspiration! Love that stamp set, so pretty! Love your ink choices!
ReplyDeleteLainey this card is so beautiful!!! The colors match perfectly!!! I love this card and you did a great job on this!!!
ReplyDeleteJust popped over her from Susi's blog. What a fun challenge, and your card is stunning. You are making me regret not ordering that flower set.
ReplyDeleteCame over here from Susi's blog - a wonderful card you created!
ReplyDeleteLove this card. The colors are so perfect. Wonderful!
ReplyDelete