Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sending Love & Sympathy

I'm going to get a lot of use out of PTI's Painted Petals anniversary set. It's so much fun to use!

The flower has 4 layers to it and I used Raspberry Fizz and Pure Poppy inks for the main portion and Scarlet Jewel for the bottom part. The stem is stamped in Spring Moss ink. I added the two little flowers clusters also stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink.

I'm having an "issue" right now with white backgrounds lol - I don't like seeing a lot of white background! I created a mask for the flower, placed a stencil over it and rubbed Soft Stone ink on the stencil to fill in some of the background. I'm much happier with the way it looks now!

The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. I placed the panel on a Raspberry Fizz cardstock card base, added Stone twine and a little bit of glitter on the main flower.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Painted Petals
  • Paper:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Smokey Shadow, Spring Moss, Soft Stone
  • Tools:  PTI Modern Backgrounds Stencils
  • Other:  Twine; Glitter
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. Lovely sentiment choice on your card, Lainey - and that stencilling is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower and lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how your pretty bloom stands out on your custom background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!