Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day...

I was in the mood to make my own patterned background and decided to use the little flowers from Color Pop Butterflies.

On white cardstock, I stenciled the flower clusters in Hibiscus Burst/Raspberry Fizz inks. Next, I added additional flowers in Summer Sunrise/Orange Zest and Aqua Mist/Tropical Teal inks. The leaves are stenciled in Spring Moss/Simply Chartreuse inks. I really need to start using another green combination! I thought these colors looked nice and Spring like!

For the sentiment, I panicked a bit because I realized I didn't get the Keep It Simple: Mother stamp set! What??? So I had to scramble to find a mother's day stamp and saw there was one in the Fillable Frames #4 set. I die-cut the frame three times in Aqua Mist cardstock and stacked them together, stamping the edge in Tropical Teal ink. The sentiment is stamped in black ink.

I added a pre-made butterfly from the kit on foam tape and adhered the panel to an Aqua Mist cardstock card base. For embellishment, I wrapped pink twine around the spine.

 Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Color Pop Butterflies, Color Pop Florals, Fillable Frames #4
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Dies:  Fillable Frames #4, Color Pop Butterflies
  • Other:  Twine; Foam Tape
  • Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!