Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ink Blending Through Die Cut Masks (MIM #248)...


Lizzie is hosting this week's Make It Monday #248: Ink Blending Through Die Cut Masks. You can make your own die-cut using any die and then color it in with an ink blending tool. Simple enough to do and what I like best is that it gives you another way to use your dies!

I picked Shaker Shapes: Balloon for my die-cut. I placed the negative on a piece of white cardstock, and using an ink blending tool, rubbed Aqua Mist ink over the die-cut. To give it some shade variations, I also rubbed Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal inks on it as well. The balloon string is stamped in black ink.

The banner is die-cut in white cardstock with a Bountiful Banner die. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and placed the banner on fun foam for full support. The panel is adhered to a Tropical Teal cardstock card base. A couple clusters of clear sequins completes the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Birthday, Balloon Bash
  • Paper:  PTI Tropical Teal, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Shaker Shapes: Balloon, Bountiful Banners
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love sponging balloons. You can make them look so airy and real. You have done a fantastic job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection Lainey! Love that your one balloon is the focal point, and it is blended just beautifully! Love that dotted string too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect, Lainey! Lovely shading you achieved with the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the MIM challenge - you picked a lovely colour to showcase your balloon, but I especially love the banner and placement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So crisp and clean with beautiful shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet CAS and stunning card! I love the depth you achieved on your balloon. Great blending!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Balloons are the best--right? Love this giant one and fantastic blending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Beautiful job blending and great color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS perfection! Love you big, inked balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! is this ever pretty!! I love the inking you did makes your balloon look so realistic! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! Great shading. I have this die and will have to try this, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the colours you chose are perfect! love your balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous birthday card, Lainey! Great job ink blending and highlighting with similar shades of ink to make the balloon even more realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!