Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hugs...

I wish I could take credit for the design/idea on this card, but that goes to the very talented and creative Laura Bassen. She made a card similar to this and I wanted to see if I could re-create it.

I started with a piece of white cardstock and rubbed Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet and Harvest Gold ink on it. This is my new favorite color trio! Next, I added a piece of fun foam to the back of the cardstock with tape. I placed Journal Card #8 on top and ran it through the Cuttlebug.

The circles were still in the negative after die-cutting it and I put glue on the back of each one and laid it on a white cardstock card base. I removed the negative and the circles were all lined up nice and neat!

Hugs is die-cut three times in black cardstock and stacked together. I think this is such a clever idea - thanks Laura! 

Card Details:
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, True Black
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, Harvest Gold
  • Dies:  PTI Journal Card #8; Simon Says Stamp Painted Hugs
  • Other:  Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!