Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day...

We all seem to struggle making masculine cards and for today's card, I couldn't decide on a stamp set to use. Originally I was going to use an airplane but decided to pull out Wetlands and use the goose.

I used a couple solid pattern papers that are male looking colors - dark brown and olive green - and layered them on top of a black cardstock card base. The goose is stamped in Dark Chocolate ink on Rustic Cream cardstock. I did a little masking so I could put the taller ferns behind the goose. I was going to color the goose with Copics but decided to leave it "as it". The image is layered on brown paper and matted on black cardstock and placed on fun foam for dimension.

I stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink on a small banner and layered it on a larger banner die-cut in brown paper. The banner is also on fun foam. To finish things off, I added 3 wood buttons and jute around the spine. Very masculine looking, don't you think?

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Father; Stampin' Up Wetlands
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, Rustic Cream; The Paper Loft Hooked On Fishing
  • Ink:  PTI Dark Chocolate
  • Dies:  PTI Sketched Shapes
  • Other:  PTI Wood Buttons; Fun Foam; Jute
  • Size:  5.5" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Such a great Father's Day/masculine card, Lainey! Not only a fabulous LO, but all the extra details add so much texture - especially that awesome green cardstock (great choice!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!