Saturday, June 25, 2016

Papertrey June 2016 Blog Hop Challenge...


It's the 25th again and time for another Blog Hop Challenge! Don't you think this month's inspiration photo has a lot of PTI colors in it? And that's what I centered my card on, the colors, not so much the design.


On a piece of stitched white cardstock using a blending tool, I rubbed circles of Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz to create my background. I watered down some Scarlet Jewel ink and flicked splatters on the background with a paintbrush.

The flower is die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with Raspberry Fizz, Berry Sorbet and Scarlet Jewel inks, with the stem stamped in Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado inks. The little white dots on the flower are embossed with white embossing powder. The flower and extra leaf is die-cut three times and stacked.

Sending is die-cut in Hawaiian Shores cardstock and stacked with 3 layers, with the additional sentiment stamped in black ink. I stamped a few extra flowers in Tropical Teal ink.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Painted Petals
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Berry Sorbet, Scarlet Jewel, Tropical Teal, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado; Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Painted Petals, Don't Forget To Write; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Paintbrush
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

22 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful! The aqua and pink background sets off the flower perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful I love how you created your background super pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely inspired b'day card - pretty background, die cut bloom and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bg, so soft behind your raspberry bloom! The extra little floating leaf is adorable. So sweet, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, and I especially love your blended background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft background with the pops of color! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and pretty Lainey! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that pink flower and your background is so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your soft background with the pop of colors on top! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft and pretty and I love the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Lainey! Love the soft blended background you created for the pretty pink bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely card Lainey! I love your soft colored background and your flower(s) are sooo pretty! Great job using the colors from the inspiration photo! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The background is so soft & lovely, perfect to highlight the gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lainey, this is a beautiful birthday card with just enough pops of color. Love how soft and sweet it is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great card. Love the subtle background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty flower! Such a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lainey, this is so adorably sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card! Your flower is lovely, and I love your soft background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty background & love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a tad late in commenting, Lainey (sorry). Absolutely adore that sponged & splattered BG - perfect for the Painted Petals flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!