Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Cover Plate Tags (MIM #258)...


I was so happy to see this week's Make It Monday #258: Cover Plate Tags because it looked easy! Laurie Willison shows us another fun way to use Cover Plates by placing the die-cuts on gift tags.

I decided to use the Twisted Cover Plate, die-cut it in Hawaiian Shores cardstock and placed it on a Tag Sale #6 die-cut, cut in white cardstock. At this point, I was originally going to decorate the tag with flowers but thought, why not make a Christmas Tag with some non-traditional colors? 

The polar bear is die-cut in white cardstock and his cute sweater is colored with Copics. I placed him on the tag with foam tape for dimension. The sentiment is stamped in Pure Poppy ink on a Building Blocks die-cut, popped up with fun foam. To finish things, I added red thread for the tag tie.

Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Warmest Wishes, Peaceful Pinecones
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Copics:  BG15, E25, R27
  • Dies:  PTI Twisted Cover Plate, Tag Sale #6, Warmest Wishes, Building Blocks
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Fun Foam; Thread
  • Size:  2-1/4" x 4-1/8"

6 comments:

  1. There you go reminding me how much I love this set again, Lainey! LOL What a fabulous tag ... great choice of holiday sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Lainey! Why do I always feel like I don't have the right supplies when I see what others use for challenges? Guess I make the wrong choices sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag!! I love your color choices Lainey and your adorable bear in his fancy sweater looks fabulous against that beautiful turquoise blue background! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute Christmas tag! I always love those colors together. Nicely done sweater on that bear. I used the same coverplate but I like how yours has a border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag! The cover plate you chose looks super behind that bear! Love the color choices, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you, Lainey! Congratulations for the shout-out in the PTI newsletter. Well deserved! Love this tag and need that Warmest Wishes set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!