There isn't a Make It Monday this week. In it's place is "SAF Remix", where we're asked to redo a card we weren't happy with on SAF day. I actually was very happy with the cards I made but wanted to try the "Watercolor Like A Master" technique again.
For SAF, I made my card using Tropical Teal and Aqua Mist inks. I love this color combination but I also love the color combination Kay used in her video. So for this challenge I'm redoing my card with her color selections.
On watercolor paper I inked up the mum stamps in Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise inks. I added the leaves in Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks. Using a brush with water, I applied the water to the edges of the flowers and leaves to soften them up a bit. It really gives it a "watercolor" look. The splatters, added by flicking ink off of a brush are in Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss inks.
Prayer is die-cut in Berry Sorbet three times, stacked and glued together. I added the other parts of the sentiment in black ink. I rounded the bottom right corner and placed the panel on a Berry Sorbet cardstock card base with the left showing. I really like how both of these turned out!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Mum's The Word, Inspired: Prayer
- Paper: PTI Berry Sorbet; Ranger Watercolor
- Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse; Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: PTI Inspired: Prayer
- Tools: Corner Rounder
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Beautiful job on this technique!
ReplyDeleteBoth are equally as beautiful - I can definitely tell you really enjoy this technique, Lainey.
ReplyDeleteThey are both so beautiful, Lainey. You've really mastered this technique!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Lainey! Love both colour combos! And thanks so much for your good wishes for my mom.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done!
ReplyDeleteBoth beauties, could not choose, so love both color ways!
ReplyDeleteAwe, Lainey, both cards are gorgeous as I love the color combos used. Do think the sentiment on the second one really adds dimension with the die cut though. Great watercoloring!
ReplyDelete