Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Happy Birthday...

I've been seeing a lot of pleated cards on Pinterest recently so thought I'd give it a try too.

I found a YouTube video called Pleated Skirt Fold For Cards by Debbie Henderson and followed her instructions for making the card. Debbie shows how to make two different sizes and I picked the landscape style card. This one starts with an 11.5" x 4" piece of double-sided paper, scored at 3", 4", 6", 7", 9" and 10". You do have to cut a piece off the bottom diagonally so it's best to watch the video to see how to do it rather than trying to explain it!

I adhered the pleated skirt to a white cardstock card base and added a strip of Spring Moss cardstock at the top. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added a few clear sequins.

The card needed something else so I wrapped striped Strawberry twine around the top to match the party hats.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Sketched Shapes
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Spring Moss; Imaginisce All Kinds Of Happy
  • Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
  • Tools:  Scor-Pal
  • Other:  Twine; Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so cool! I've never seen a pleated card before until now and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Lainey - playing a bit of catch up from the office, and this post remained in my Inbox as I wanted to comment. I'm with Birgit - seeing this pleated card is a first for me, and a definite treat seeing it on your Blog! What a cool way to create a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!