When I saw this week's Make It Monday #257: Sentiment Strip Grounding, I was ready to give it a go, because the idea of what stamp set to use popped right into my mind. Lexi Daly is the host and she shows us how to ground stamp images with a sentiment. What a quick, fun and easy technique!!
I immediately thought of using the cute telephone from Heart-2-Heart #4 and die-cut the phone three times in Ocean Tides cardstock. Using thin, black wire, I wrapped it around a small paintbrush handle to get it coiled and attached it to the phone, placing it between one of the layers before gluing them together. The wire adds a tiny bit of dimension!
On a piece of white cardstock, I added a layer of polka dot pattern paper. I cut a 3/4" strip of Aqua Mist cardstock, stamped the sentiment in black and placed the strip under the phone. I wanted to give the appearance that the phone is sitting on a table with a pretty, polka dot wallpaper background. At least in my mind, that's what it looks like!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Heart-2-Heart #4
- Paper: PTI Ocean Tides, White Stampers Select, Aqua Mist, Polka Dot Parade
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: PTI Heart-2-Heart #4
- Other: Wire
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


So cute. That background paper is perfect.
ReplyDeleteYour card is so cute. I LOVE your wire phone cord!!!
ReplyDeleteHello...cute card!
ReplyDeleteThe use of black wire is brilliant and definitely adds to this card's "cuteness" factor, Lainey! I absolutely love "just because" cards and this one is perfect!
ReplyDeletesuper cute card - the wire phone cord is the best!! and it looks pretty polka dot wallpaper to me too! thanks for playing make it monday!
ReplyDeleteIt's so pretty and cute (love the wallpaper background) and is a perfect interpretation of this week's technique.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, cuteness everywhere! From your polka dot wallpaper to the wire phone cord, just so sweet! Lainey, you nailed it... or should I say, 'grounded it'.
ReplyDeleteSweet as it can be! I am not sure which delights me more that polka dots or the phone cord!! : )
ReplyDeletePatti
I have that set too and I love the phone. I always think I'd better use it soon and often before people forget what a phone is.
ReplyDeleteCute, cute card Lainey! I love your phone cord and nothing makes me happier than polka dots, so this card in my mind is absolutely perfect! :0)
ReplyDeleteI love your little telephone and your polka dot background is perfect! CUTE, CUTE!
ReplyDeleteLainey, I see a desk with an adorable old-fashioned phone (cord and all) in a wallpapered office. You are spot on with this cute card!
ReplyDelete