What a fun post this week by Dawn McVey - and it's wonderful to see Dawn crafting again - she's been missing in action for a few months due to illness. In this week's video, Make It Monday #268: Double-Layer Tags Dawn shows us how to make layered gift tags.
I've had Tag Sale: Quilted for some time now and haven't used it yet. It was really hard to buy on PTI because it kept going out of stock! So this was a nice tag to use for this challenge.
I die-cut the tag in Pure Poppy cardstock and added a layer of Holiday Plaid pattern paper. The What The Doodle: Snowflake is die-cut in white three times and stacked together. I die-cut a solid snowflake image in Pure Poppy cardstock and adhered it to the back. I like how you can see just a few peeks of red showing through.
The banner is die-cut in Soft Stone cardstock and the sentiment stamped in Pure Poppy ink. I placed it on fun foam for dimension. I decided to add some sparkle and spread glue all over the snowflake and drenched it in coarse glitter.
I die-cut the tag in white cardstock for the back layer and stamped it with "to and from" in Pure Poppy ink. I added a silver bell at the top tied with grey twine. I love the way this double layer tag turned out and will be making more of them!
Project Details:
- Stamps: PTI Gifts of The Season, Keep It Simple: To & From
- Paper: PTI Pure Poppy. White Stampers Select, Soft Stone, Holiday Plaid
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy
- Dies: PTI Tag Sale: Quilted, What The Doodle: Snowflakes
- Other: Glitter; Fun Foam; Bell; Twine
- Size: 3.75" x 4.0"




Beautiful, beautiful tag Lainey...love it!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLainey, your tags are very pretty with that peek of red behind the snowflake and the red scallops behind the pattern paper!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tag, Lainey! Love the silver jingle bell addition and yes, that red peeking through the glittery snowflake diecut is awesome!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tag...how can you go wrong with red and white...so classic and striking. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteSo warm and cozy - Cute!
ReplyDeleteLove your tags!
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty! Love the fancy snowflake and the little jingle bell embellishment!
ReplyDeleteA charming double tag, Lainey. So frosty with the glitter! Gorgeous snowflake!
ReplyDeleteI'm a sucker for red and gray!! Your card is fantastic! Love the patterned paper and simple design!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tag, Lainey. The color combo is fabulous and that snowflake is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOH, I just love your tag, Lainey! It's beautifully done and I really like the classic colors and glittery snowflake. Must put that die on my wish list, thanks for the lovely inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOh my, Lainey, your tag is gorgeous! Love that gray/red plaid with that stunning snowflake. The red layer really pops. I, too, have been waiting for that Tag Sale: Quilted to be in stock. Think I better order before the 15th so I don't miss out again!
ReplyDelete