Saturday, February 25, 2017

Papertrey February 2017 Blog Hop Challenge...


I can't believe it's time for the monthly Blog Hop - February flew by!! For this month's challenge, Nichole posted an inspiration photo that I really couldn't get much inspiration from. It has a lot of dark colors and not a lot of ideas popped into my head. I focused on the dark background, pink color and the diamonds in the photo - giving me the idea to use a diamond shape for my background.


I used Smokey Shadow cardstock for the card base and added the hexagons die-cut in Raspberry Fizz cardstock. The flower wrap is die-cut in Kraft paper and stamped with Raspberry Fizz ink and the flower portion die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with Spring Moss and Raspberry Fizz inks. I added black centers with a marker and white, coarse glitter on them.

The banner is die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with Smokey Shadow ink. I placed the flowers and the banner on foam tape for dimension. To finish things, I tied crochet thread around the spine and added a few sequins.

Not one of my favorite cards but this is what you get when inspiration doesn't coming knocking at your door. 😒

Card Details:

  • Stamps:  PTI Fresh Floral Wrap Ups
  • Paper:  PTI Smokey Shadow, White Stampers Select, Raspberry Fizz
  • Ink:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, Spring Moss
  • Dies:  PTI Fresh Floral Wrap Ups, Fabulous Frames, Cover Plate: Hexagons
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Sequins; Crochet Thread; Glitter; Black Marker
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

14 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the interpretation and I agree, this piece was HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card. Really love that pink background and I just adore that bouquet of flowers. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Nice use of the inspiration colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet bouquet, and a lovely background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, sweet card Lainey...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally pretty, Lainey! I love that you made such a cheerful cartd from the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card Lainey. Lovely little bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lainey, I think your card is great based on the inspiration photo. It was definitely a challenge but your card is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!