Friday, February 17, 2017

PTI: Celebrating 2011...


Our stamp choice from 2011:  Background Basics Newsprint, Garden Variety, Tremendous Treats: Valentine, Winter Penguin and Year Of Flowers: Collection. I have two of these stamps and selected Winter Penguin.

The 2011 challenge: "Do you already own any of the five sets that were highlighted today? Time to dust them off and make an all new project using it!"

I wanted to try a technique that the multi, super talented Jennifer McGuire showed last week - Tulle Window Cards and I thought the penguin would be perfect! Check out her video - it's easy to do! The hardest part for me was lining up the windows in the two pieces. I'm sure practice will help!

Using a deckled rectangle, I die-cut the opening in a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock. I traced the opening onto the white cardstock base and lined up the die...hoping it would work! When I die-cut it, it was off a little bit but I was still able to work with it by trimming the sides. 😀 I placed white tulle between the two layers.

The penguin is die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with black ink. I used the Misti and stamped him twice so he was nice and black. I colored his feet and nose with a Copic marker and added a little pink chalk to his cheeks. His hat is stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink with an added pompom. The snowflakes are also die-cut in white cardstock and the sentiment stamped in black ink.

You know I have a "thing" about winter cards and fun fur, so I wrapped some around the top of the card. I am in love with this card! So stinkin' cute and when the card is open, it really looks like the penguin and snowflakes are "floating". Thank you Jennifer for such a great idea!


Here's another view - I placed a calculator behind the tulle so you can see how it's in the window.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Winter Penguin, Two Feet Deep
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Copics:  YR15
  • Dies:  PTI Winter Penguin; Small Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities
  • Other:  Tulle; Fun Fur; Pompom; Chalk
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. I think your use of the deckled rectangles (blast from the past) is perfect, Lainey. Adds lovely interest to an already fabulous window card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!