Friday, May 12, 2017

Happy Mother's Day...

I was in the mood to do a little embossing and watercoloring and made a few cards. I wish I would do this more often because I really like the look of these two techniques together.

On watercolor paper, I stamped the flower images with Versafine ink, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set it. I used my Zig Watercolor Pens (red, purple, blue, pink) to fill in the flowers and outlined them with a grey pen. For the leaves, I used Spring Moss ink and applied it with a paintbrush. I flicked some paint splatters on the panels with the coordinating paint colors.

The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. I adhered the stitched panel to a Kraft cardstock card base, die-cut with the Noted: A2 Scalloped die. A little white crochet thread completed the cards.

I was really happy with the way these turned out!





Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Splits: Love, Tucked In: Mother
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft; Canson 140# Watercolor
  • Ink:  PTI Smokey Shadow, Spring Moss; Versafine
  • Dies:  PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zig Watercolor Pens Carmine Red [022], Violet [080], Cobalt Blue [031], Pink [025], Light Grey [091]; Crochet Thread; White Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5" 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely details and watercoloring, Lainey. The stitched and scalloped frame dies and kraft cardstock base really showcase the main image panel beautifully. I have been wanting a set of Zig Watercolor Pens for a long time, and if I can get the same lovely results as you have here, I'm buying them right now (LOL). Fabulous set of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!