It's time again for another challenge! This week Laurie Schmidlin shows us how to use color blocking three different ways! It sure is a quick and nice addition to card making. You can watch the video here ⇢ Make It Monday #292: Color Blocking Three Ways.
I decided to use cardstock for my color blocking and picked one of my favorite color combinations: Green Parakeet, Lemon Tart and Hawaiian Shores. I die-cut one of each using a diagonal die and adhered them to a white cardstock card base. The middle one is stamped with a sentiment from Keep It Simple: Friendship in Smokey Shadow ink and is on fun foam for dimension.
The two bouquets are die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with coordinating ink colors. I added a little glitter to the flowers and filled in the small flower centers with a black marker.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Bitty Bouquet, Keep It Simple: Friendship
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Green Parakeet, Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores
- Ink: PTI Green Parakeet, Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow
- Dies: PTI Bitty Bouquet; Lil Inker Designs On The Diagonal
- Other: Glitter; Fun Foam; Black Marker
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


What a pretty, pretty card Lainey! I love the 3 colors you used for your color blocking and the simple bouquet of flowers...CAS perfection!! :0)
ReplyDeleteGreat colors, Lainey! Your background is paired perfectly with your flowers...so summery.
ReplyDeleteOh wow--I really love this card! Perfectly designed & beautiful color combo!
ReplyDeleteLainey, this CAS card is very, very striking! I, too, love the color combo and blocking with the sweet Bitty bouquets. Now I want those diagonal dies. 😉
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card, love it!
ReplyDelete