This weeks challenge - Make It Monday #293: Color Slider Cards is hosted by Lizzie Jones. I've seen this technique done before, but never attempted it and now I know why!๐ It's time consuming to do, and even though Lizzie explains it very clearly and makes it look easy, I still made a few mistakes along the way. Once I figured out what I was doing, it was fun to put together and I'm sure the next time I attempt this it'll be much easier!
There's nothing like making a Christmas card when it's 90 degrees out! ๐ I had to look through my stamps to find one that was on the thinner side (I wanted to use the same dimensions as Lizzie) and decided to go with Winter Hills.
I used white cardstock, cut out the opening, stamped the scene in black ink and colored it with Copic markers. The slider top is made with the Stampin' Up Tag Topper punch. I originally wrote "pull" on the top of the tab, but it didn't look very good so I covered it with a piece of red cardstock. I'm not going to explain all the steps how to make the slider - if interested, please watch Lizzie's video linked above to see how it's done.
I stamped the sentiment at the bottom in Pure Poppy ink. The slider is backed with fun foam and adhered to a white cardstock card base, covered with pattern paper. I added silver, wired ribbon through the top hole to finish things.
Here's what the front looks like....
And fully opened:
Card Details:
Here's what the front looks like....
And partially opened so you can start to see the "magic":
And fully opened:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Winter Hills, Snow Globe Sentiments
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select; DCWV; Recollections
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Tuxedo Black; Stazon Jet Black
- Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical
- Copics: B000, B21, B37, G28, G82, G85, R24, Y21, W1
- Tools: Stampin' Up Tag Topper Punch
- Other: Fun Foam; Acetate; Ribbon
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"




That darling image is the perfect fit! How lovely you colored it. Getting a such a kick out of everyone's images for their window. Never would have thought of yours and love it!
ReplyDeleteLove your winter scene. What a fun Christmas card!
ReplyDeletewhat a perfect card for Christmas, Lainey!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely LOVE this card Lainey! And you'll chuckle when you see mine...I used Summer Hills! I really like it using the Winter Hills and your snowflake background paper...cute, cute card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteOoo a whole scene, how fun! Makes each pull of the tab even more magical, so much to watch transform. LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteSuch an amazing example of this technique, Lainey - a beautiful card and great way to jump start your holiday card making mojo!
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDeleteLove the magic of Christmas, Lainey, and your Winter Hills slider is magical! Your coloring is awesome also. I passed on this technique as just couldn't get into stamping this week with high temps and so much smoke in WA from fires in BC.
ReplyDelete