Monday, August 28, 2017

SAF 2017: 7th Anniversary Tradition - Wool...

Day 3

10:00 AM Challenge:  "Create a project featuring stitched felt cookies."

Well, I'm happy to be using felt again for another project! And as soon as I saw Debbie's video, I knew I was going to use my Sweet Holiday Wishes dies to create the cookies.

I used three different cookie dies and used 3 layers of felt, 2 for the sandwich portion and one for the filling. To stitch them together, I used a blanket stitch. Thankfully I won't be graded on my sewing because it's really not that great. I did get better as I did the last cookie (the tree) but I was getting tired. I should at least get an "A" for effort!😀

Project Details:
  • Dies:  PTI Sweet Holiday Wishes
  • Other:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold Felt; Taylored Expressions Khaki, Chocolate Chip, Powder Felt

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I have this set and am planning something similar and love your inspiration! Your stitching looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, so sweet! Love the piped frosting designs especially!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!