Friday, October 20, 2017

Build-A-Wreath (MIM #300)...


I wasn't going to participate in this week's challenge but I was looking through my Christmas stamps and found Sprig Wreath and decided to make a card after all. This week's challenge is hosted by Melissa Phillips and is all about making wreaths. You can see her video here:  Make It Monday #300: Build-A-Wreath.

I didn't want to use traditional colors for my wreath, and Melissa seems to use soft, pastel colors quite often. I die-cut the wreath in white cardstock and stamped it first with Spring Moss ink, and then added Simply Chartreuse ink to the branch edges. It's so easy to re-stamp images now thanks to the Misti!

I die-cut some additional branches and pinecones in white cardstock, stamping the branches in Simply Chartreuse and the pinecones in Berry Sorbet, instead of a traditional brown. The wreath is on foam tape on a white cardstock card base, with the sentiment stamped in the middle in Berry Sorbet ink.

The branches and pinecones are on foam tape for added dimension. To finish the card, I added a coordinating strip of Holiday Plaid paper on the left side, glitter to the branches and white crochet thread at the top.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Sprig Wreath
  • Paper:  PTI Holiday Plaid, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet
  • Dies:  PTI Sprig Wreath
  • Other:  Glitter; Foam Tape; Crochet Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

13 comments:

  1. I just love your card and I just ordered that stamp and die. I am so happy to see how beautifully you have used it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your toned down Christmas colors on your Sprig Wreath...much nicer to look at than the usual bright reds/greens! Sprig Wreath is my other wreath set I could have used, but I chose to stick with Rustic Wreath since I didn't have to stamp it. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lainey, I absolutely love what you came up with! It’s the one that stood out to me in the gallery. Gorgeous wreath and colours and plaid paper. I think I might need that wreath. 😬😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO pretty Lainey! I love your Berry Sorbet pinecones and strip of plaid off to the side! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and the strip of patterned paper down the side. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lainey! Love the gorgeous stamped wreath! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used this wreath too! Love the colors you used and the pretty plaid patterned paper....beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this! Now to order that die because you've shown me that I need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wreath, Lainey! I really like the pink and green together and the plaid paper down the side is a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sprig wreath, and how you added depth with the pinecones and stamping. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! Love the colors and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lainey, I love your pastel wreath, and the plaid strip really coordinates well with your design. Worst part about blog hopping is that I always "need" products I don't own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!